- The Anonymous Participation feature has been released. This feature allows educators to anonymize discussions so that participant’s identities are instead given a placeholder name, while the true identity/user can still be seen by the educator.
For more details on this new feature, please visit our Help Center article regarding Anonymous Discussions.
- The profile preview has been revised as part of a larger coming change in how names/profiles are displayed on Kialo. Additionally, compatibility with touch devices has also been introduced to the profile preview with this release.
- The Create Discussion Wizard has been restructured to make the discussion creation process simpler and reduce the number of fields users are forced to go through if they are not relevant or used in the discussion being created.
- Additionally, there have been some minor styling changes and improvements that have been released.
- Discussion and team invitations have been reworked to include a reason on the alert card shown in the Overview and Respond tabs and not just in the email invite, adding context to the invitations on Kialo directly.
- With the latest release, we have updated the colorset for Kialo to make it more accessible and comply with WCAG 2.1 level AA guidelines. This means that readability has been improved site-wide and all elements have sufficient contrast, meeting industry standards.
- Additionally, more variations for default avatars have been introduced.
- A new version of the mention picker (when opened either through the context menu or using ‘@’) has been released which fixed stylistic issues in combination with long comments or on a mobile device.
- An issue which caused an incorrect error message to sometimes be displayed when using the OAuth signup form has been fixed.
- An improvement has been made to the team invite wizard, providing an overview of teams/accounts that have been selected for an invitation.
- Minor bug fixes and performance improvements were released.
A new dialog for inviting users to discussions and teams has been released, as a part of a larger initiative to reinvigorate Kialo’s user invite interfaces.
- The login and sign up dialogs have been revamped with an improved user experience.
- A minor visual improvement has also been rolled out with this release, making the discussion card menu overlay more visually appealing.
- A minor isue with sidebar content not properly displayed has been fixed.
- There are now more visually appealling default images for account and team avatars and discussion images.