Skip to content
November 20, 2019
- Minor bug fixes and page content changes were released.
November 19, 2019
- Sometimes scrolling was required to see a claim selected from the discussion change list, this has been fixed.
November 18th, 2019
- New team members now automatically follow all debates that a team is a member of.
- Parent claims now have white backgrounds in the minimap.
- In “show all ancestors” mode, claim selections sometimes did not scroll the selected claim to the correct position, this has been fixed.
- Kialo.com and Kialo-edu.com now link to each other in their respective footers.
November 14, 2019
- The “Saving..” notification was erroneously popping up in MyKialo, this has been fixed.
- An error message is now shown when users try to move suggested claims to where the suggested claim is currently located.
- A minor search results layouting error has been fixed.
November 13, 2019
- Scrolling the Explore page with Chrome-based browsers on recent versions of Android was broken, this has been fixed.
November 13, 2019
- Deleted discussions are now immediately removed from search results upon deletion.
- Comment drawer animations have been improved.
November 12, 2019
- A new function to enable displaying the whole chain of claims up to the thesis has been released.
- Loading pages with Kialo embeds sometimes scrolled the embedding page to the Kialo embed upon initial load, this has been fixed.
- Clones of discussions can now be renamed during the cloning process.
- Links to release notes have been added to the deployment toast notifications.
- Kialo will now reconnect quicker to backend servers, when network access is restored.
- Minor quirks when logging in using Safari and Firefox have been fixed.
November 11, 2019
- The new team selection dialog has been released, making inviting teams to debates much more intuitive. No more having to enter /teamname.
- The comment and history tab can now be displayed while editing a claim.
November 7, 2019
- Mentioning all participants of a private debate, in comments and chat, is now possible via @all.
- The default team and clone limits for users of Kialo Edu have been increased
November 6, 2019
- Google SSO has been enabled for Kialo Edu.
- Opening claims in new tabs using Ctrl-/Cmd-/middle-click was not possible in various instances, like e.g. from within sidebars. This has been fixed.
- Saving edited comments on moved claims was not possible in some instances. This has been fixed.
- Suggesters were not able to edit their comments on their suggested claims. This has been fixed.
- The spacing between the minimap and the column claim interface varied depending on how deep in a discussion one was. This has been fixed.
- Mentioning users was not possible in moved claims. This has been fixed.
- Tooltips for disabled buttons were not shown. This has been fixed.
- And finally, some minor visual quirks in the discussion info popup have been fixed.
October 31, 2019
- Fixed some links on the Kialo Edu landing page.
- Fixed the open comment drawer animation.
- Rearranged the order of some of the discussion invite dialog’s input and text fields.
- Improved MyKialo’s and the portal’s navigation bars.
October 30, 2019
- Fixed a change classification issue (important vs other changes).
- Changed the portal’s mobile bottom bar color from black to dark blue in order to differentiate it better from some Android browsers’ bottom bars.
- Improved menu icon contrasts in MyKialo.
- Improved the landing page of Kialo Edu.
- Improved the layout of the Kialo and Kialo Edu Help Center.
- Added classroom assignments to the Kialo Edu Help Center.
October 29, 2019
- Notifications for suggestions were not always correctly marked seen, this has been fixed.
October 28, 2019
- Minor bug fixes and performance improvements were released.
October 24, 2019
- The default Explore page for logged in users was changed from the Featured to the New category.
- Users who have already commented on a claim or written in chat, are now listed first in the respective mention pickers. (Thanks @cnr)
October 23, 2019
- Middle-, Ctrl- and Cmd-Clicking a claim now loads it in a new tab.
- Minor site improvements for www.kialo-edu.com.
October 22, 2019
- Offline to online mode transition, when losing and regaining Internet access, has been sped up and is now less intrusive.
- Edited comments were not always updated upon reconnecting to Kialo. This has been fixed.
- Change notifications resulting from claims being linked or moved underneath own claims are now also categorized as important changes.
- Users with writer and editor privileges can now downgrade themselves to roles with fewer privileges.
- Password reset links are now set to expire after 24h.
- Visitors accessing Kialo using Internet Explorer are now properly warned that IE is not a supported browser.
October 17, 2019
- Chat and comment date partition markers have been removed to improve readability.
- Users can now be invited as viewers to public discussions.
- Kialo’s online/offline detection has been improved.
- Users linking discussions underneath your claims (‘intermap linking’) will now be classified as ‘important’ instead of ‘other’ changes.
- The layout of the flagged claims sidebar has been improved.
- Chat and comment input field padding has been reduced.