- Users who prefer working without animations can now switch them off in their user settings.
- Embedded Kialo discussions now have a full screen mode.
- When “Display claims’ authors” is enabled, a linked claim will now also note the user that linked the claim, additionally to the claim’s creator.
- Introduced visual feedback for claim selection.
- Improved the text layout of changes in the sidebar and comments & history tab of claims.
January 28, 2020
- Email-less signups have been released for Kialo Edu.
This feature has been built for teachers who don’t want their students to use their email addresses to sign up.
- Very quickly clicking add claim multiple times could lead to multiple write claim boxes being opened, this has been fixed.
- Teams are now sorted by long not short names.
- The scroll position in the discussion activity list was not always remembered correctly, this has been fixed.
January 23, 2020
- The discussion activity list now allows users to filter for individual discussion participants’ activities.
- Important user setting changes now require users to enter their passwords.
January 06, 2020
- The discussion activity sidebar, which chronologically lists all visible contributions that have occurred in a discussion, has been released.
- The option to display usernames of claim creators on their respective claims, in a private discussion, has been released.
- Screen reader compatibility of the Top Contributors table has been improved.
- In some browser the claim edit text field did not have focus upon selecting “edit claim”, this has been fixed.
December 16, 2019
- Statistics for each discussion are now shown in the portal and the discussion info dialog.
- Selecting a claim for the clipboard from the duplicate claim list did not always work, this has been fixed.
- The share dialog did not always show the share on Twitter and Facebook buttons, this has been fixed.
December 9, 2019
- In preparation for allowing signing up to kialo-edu.com without providing an email address, it is now possible to also log in using your username instead of your email address.
- Button sizes and layout for the mobile top and bottom bar have been improved.
- Fixed some minor navigation and layouting issues.
December 2, 2019
- The scroll position in the discussion changes sidebar is now remembered when closing and opening it.
- Flagging claims that have been copied from another discussion, will now result in the user that copied the claim receiving the notification for a flagged claim, not the original creator.
- Location-specific changes, like the “Move Elsewhere” mark for review change, of multi-linked claims will now link to the correct locations.
November 26, 2019
- The Cloning and Invitation Wizard (CIW) has been released on Kialo-Edu. It allows educators to invite users and teams to their own respective clones of a debate. This feature will make the lives of educators with large courses, especially when split into multiple teams, much easier. Please contact support to have it enabled for your account.
- Trailing parenthesis in URLs of links added to claims, were sometimes not saved correctly. This has been fixed.
November 20, 2019
- The role and respective permissions of users joining discussions via discussion invite links can now be specified.
- Private Kialo discussions can now be embedded too.
- HTML code snippet to embed a discussion can now easily be found via the share menu within discussions.
- Cloned discussions will no longer immediately be opened after cloning has been completed.
November 12, 2019
- A new function to enable displaying the whole chain of claims up to the thesis has been released.
- Loading pages with Kialo embeds sometimes scrolled the embedding page to the Kialo embed upon initial load, this has been fixed.
- Clones of discussions can now be renamed during the cloning process.
- Links to release notes have been added to the deployment toast notifications.
- Kialo will now reconnect quicker to backend servers, when network access is restored.
- Minor quirks when logging in using Safari and Firefox have been fixed.
October 16, 2019
- Kialo Edu (www.kialo-edu.com), the Kialo page for educators, with only private discussions, was given a landing and about page.
- Site navigation was improved and made more consistent between the mobile and desktop Kialo interfaces.
October 7, 2019
- Users can now look up some basic stats on their user profiles.
(Click on the avatar and select ‘My Profile’)
- Kialo Internet Explorer 11 support has been removed.
- Mentioned users in comments weren’t bold anymore. This has been fixed.
- Screen reader compatibility has been improved.
- Button labels in the suggested comment admin interface, have been clarified.
- Changes to claims that happen after a user’s first visit, will now also be correctly shown on the claims themselves, not only in the discussion change list.